Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hometown Vacation

After my car was robbed, I didn't manage to find a replacement window on the same day since I'm using a Nissan 180sx which is pretty rare here in Malaysia. And finding parts for the legendary car can be quite a chore sometimes. Parking the car in the city without a window is way too risky. So, I decided to go back to my hometown in Seri Manjung, Perak (which is about 4 hours drive) until my friends at Drift House manage to find me a window. My folks' house is a gated bungalow and I'm sure my car would be safe and I'll have peace of mind. Luckily, Drift House called me up a few days later with good news. They've found me a window! 


In the meantime, I met up with some Manjung drifters and decided to join them for a drift event in Kampar, Perak. We gathered at a workshop in Lekir before we head off to the drift tournament. It was a VERY hot day. I couldn't stop sweating!


The convoy to Kampar was great! We had about 24 drift cars (I think) which made it a pretty amazing sight. Our team (Manjung Drift Team) manage to get 3rd place in the overall drift / autokhana time attack. I didn't take part though! I was just there to support and help them change their tires. LOL  Since I didn't bring along my drift rims, all I could do was watch and yell.

Manjung Drifters gathering at Lekir

My friend's Toyota GL drift machine

Spectators waiting to be entertained

One of the competitors warming up

Oh, this is my cat, Biby, which was not harmed in any way during 
the drifting tournament. She's just sleeping in a weird position!

No comments: